A short collection of articles published in the last few days:
- Parashablog - The famous proof of the Zohar being a forgery "Esnoga" and the follow up
- Dave Barry has a hilarious recap of 2010. I especially liked these paregraphs:
Iran continued to develop nuclear weapons, all the while insisting that they would be used only for peaceful scientific research, such as -- to quote President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- "seeing what happens when you drop one on Israel."
Elsewhere on the disaster scene, Iceland's Eyjafjallajökull (literally, "many syllables") volcano erupts, sending huge clouds of ash into the atmosphere and forcing airlines throughout northern Europe to ground flights. Greece, although not directly affected, announces it will take six months off, just in case; France, as an added precaution, surrenders.
- From Standing Point Mag - Warning to the US: Don't Play by Islamic Rules. Don't agree with most of it, but still a very good read. (Via)
- Harav Beni Lou writes about the "Rabbainm Letter" and Democracy.
- And finally this lovely bit of satire, on right wing education! (hat tip: Negev Rock City)