Monday, June 18, 2012

The Suha Arafat Scam

A friend recently forwarded to me this email:

From: "FROM:MRS SUHA ARAFATA" <web44458881@att.net>
Subject: FROM:MRS SUHA ARAFATA
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:51:15 -0800 (PST)
Reply-To: suha_arafata@yahoo.com

[Waiting Urgent Respond.doc application/msword (38870 bytes)] 

======================================

FROM: MRS. SUHA ARAFAT
(HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL) 

ATTN: MANAGER/DIRECTOR/C.E.O 
I am MRS. SUHA ARAFAT, wife of late Palestinian leader YASSER ARAFAT, who died in Paris. After his death and even prior to the announcement, I have been thrown into a state of antagonism by the present leadership of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and the new Prime Minister. I have even been subjected to physical and psychological torture.

As a widow so traumatized, I have lost confidence on everybody within the country and I have no other option but to seek for foreign assistance. I got your contact details from a trusted ally at the Palestinian Chamber of Commerce and Foreign Business Relations, during my quest for an honest partner in a monetary transaction.

Funds in my husband's personal and family bank accounts have been frozen and valuable assets confiscated but unknown to these corrupt Palestine officials undiscovered to them is approximately $6.5 Billion Dollars distributed in different secret accounts by my late husband. Though they are not relenting on their effort to make me poor for life, I have also made up my mind not to disclose about these funds deposited in the secret accounts. The sum of USD$21M [twenty-one million, United States Dollars] is deposited with a Banking Securities and Financial firm in Europe. I shall be grateful if you can help me retrieve this fund into any bank account nominated by you, for safe keeping and any Investment opportunity in your country.

This arrangement will be known to only you, me and my lawyer, all our correspondence should be strictly on email because my phone lines are monitored. We shall negotiate your percentage share of the total sum upon your acceptance to help me lodge the money in any bank account nominated by you. You can open up a new bank account for this purpose considering you might be afraid to disclose to me your personal account details. Please expedite action, do not hesitate to discontinue further communication if this transaction is not of interest to you.

Sincerely, 
Mrs. Suha Arafat
(For the Family) 

Well I'm honored that someone in the Palestinian Chamber of Commerce thought of me, but sadly I will have to pass on this fantastic opportunity.

No comments: