Monday, May 21, 2012

Haredim Try To Stone Sacha Baron Cohen

Wearing a beard, but not Haredi
Sacha Baron Cohen, most famous for portraying Borat on film, seems to have managed to irritate Haredim in Jerusalem:

He outraged them by wearing a camped-up version of their traditional attire, wearing hot pants and a sleeveless top as he starred as one of his comic creations, fashion reporter Bruno."A bunch of Hasidic Jews ran after me with rocks, and I ended up hiding in a bathroom store."Normally, in dangerous situations, I have a getaway car. But as I ran towards the getaway car, it drove away."So I found myself running down the street, running for my life, and being chased by these Hasidic nutcases."
Well I guess that being flagrantly gay is a good way to annoy Haredim. However, I found the next part hilarious:

"I turned round to calm them down, and I shouted in Hebrew 'I am Jewish,' which apparently is the worst thing ever you can tell Hasidic Jews.
"It was then they decided that they wanted to really kill me,"  

If only being Jewish was ever any kind of defence.

No comments: