Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shhhh No One Tell The Haredim...

Has anyone noticed that today there is the Gay Pride Parade in Jerusalem? where are the huge street protests? has everyone gone to sleep?

 I'm not sure what to feel on this media silence.Is it possible that the Haredi community has finally seen the error of their violent protests? sigh.

Weirdly enough this silence has me in some conflict. On the one hand I'm happy that this isn't front page news again - no need to see massive protests and hear hate filled rhetoric. However, and this is the weird part - the silence this year only makes previous years hate filled campaigns by the Haredi community seem that much more politically rather then genuinely religiously motivated. I find myself waiting for just a little protest - anything to make me believe that not everything in Israel is just a power game.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: