- Rationalist Judaism (Rav Silfkin) found a new monkey with a frightfully big nose. As always when a new animal is discovered, Jews start asking if it is kosher. (Well, at least if it ruins a proof of the divine origin of the torah)
- Torah Musings asks when a Rabbi isn't enough. Final conclusion is that not all rabbis are created equal.
- Kikar Hashabat plays the game "Are these women wearing a burqa or is it a Purim costume".
- Air New Zealand has Richard Simmons performing their Pre-Flight safety video. (Ht: Negev Rock City) Except for being hilarious, I think we can be assured that no Haredim are going to fly Air New Zealand any time soon, unless they use the personal Mechitzah.
- The Gothamist argues that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict needs better publicity stunts. I'll point out that the "Don't Stop Boycotting" song is way better then placing a graffiti filled bomb shelter. (Warning - some language in the article
might beis inappropriate).
- Treasures of Ashkenaz published a list of endangered Minhagim.